Thursday, December 15, 2011

What is a fair amount to charge for a stud fee for a Pomeranian?

I have a male Pomeranian and I would like to breed him. I do not want another puppy, so I would much rather charge a stud fee? Where can I find information on this? Or what is a fair amount to charge?|||Is he registered? health checked? breeding quality?





If not, don't breed him.|||unless he has a CH title and has passed proper health tests thru OFA, CERF, Baer and Optigen.. and has also had his STD screenings and brucellosis tests.. he's not worth studding.





You'll spend more money on tests than what you will get back from studding him.|||Well, if you have a CH male with all his OFA certifications done you can expect to charge what the bit** owner charges for one puppy. If you haven't done those things, I can't imagine anyone wanting to use him.








ADD: LMAO. So, you would pimp out your children?? Too funny!|||How good is the pomeranian? What you charge depends upon the quality of the dog. Has your dog been tested clear of health issues? Does he follow the standard? So before you can set a price, you need to determine quality. Below are some sites to help you.|||You may not be able to find a girl dog unless it is a mixed breed or BYB. Most people with a female only want a top dog in their breed, or even a Champion! They also look for a show home, that will exchange the stud fee for a pup, because they want the owner of the sire to campaign that dog, it gives credit to their kennel. I know if I had a female Pomeranian, I would look for the very best I could find, so as stated earlier, I doubt you would be able to get more than $200 and the owners of the girl are very likely BYB's or puppy mill. Hard times for you? That is so sad to have to try and make money off your dog instead of the love of the breed!|||If your dog matches all the breed standards, nice full coat, no luxating patellas, no over or under bite, straight back line, no bowed legs,no allergy's, ect..... the common price is the amount one would charge for a puppy from the litter.

No comments:

Post a Comment