Thursday, December 15, 2011

What is a typical commission for information on a Trustee's Sale?

I am an investor who recently attended a trustee's sale and bought a small apartment building for $630k. The broker who gathered the information about the sale, including giving me the info that the property would be available and where/when to bid, now wants a commission even though we never agreed to one. I know I don't have to pay him anything, but I want to give him something for the information.





What is typical in this instance (if anything)? What would be a respectable/fair fee for him?





Thank you for your time!|||4% to 17% but all is negotiable. do your homework when contracting, and a white lie won't hurt at the beginning. Good luck.|||Since all Trustee sales are public infromation and anyone can bid and this infromation is not hard to get. I would give him $500 and call it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment