Thursday, December 15, 2011

What is a typical commission for information on a Trustee's Sale?

I am an investor who recently attended a trustee's sale and bought a small apartment building for $630k. The broker who gathered the information about the sale, including giving me the info that the property would be available and where/when to bid, now wants a commission even though we never agreed to one. I know I don't have to pay him anything, but I want to give him something for the information.





What is typical in this instance (if anything)? What would be a respectable/fair fee for him?





Thank you for your time!|||He probably got the information off the internet and called you. If you know he was spending dedicated time on you, and he did something for you that you didn't want or know how to do yourself, offer him a tip that you are comfortable with.

No comments:

Post a Comment